Running is no easy feat, especially if you’re new to the game. It’s hard for our muscles and even harder for our minds. However, once you get in the groove of it, and remind yourself that YOU CAN DO IT, things just go uphill from there (Not literally. Unless, of course, you want to). While there are many means of transportation (and a million ways to get there) some people prefer getting to their destinations by running versus learning how to ride a motorcycle, or attending a flight school. Here are some motivational quotes to think of when you need to get past those “I’m going to quit” moments:
- “Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Whether you believe you can or believe you can’t, you’re probably right.” – Henry Ford
- “Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight.” – Lance Armstrong
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
- “You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Hopefully these quotes will help you through those tough times and push you forward to greatness in your running. Keep this in mind today, especially, in case you are pursued by zombies, witches, or werewolves!